Call for “Multimedia Indexing for eLearning” special session papers
Notably with the advent of MOOCs, eLearning (or Technology Enhanced Learning - TEL) involves large amounts of diverse digital material (e.g., video lectures, audio, lecture notes, slides, exam papers, traces of social interactions). Such material may be treated as raw multimedia data but should also be looked at for its specificity. Authors are encouraged to submit previously unpublished research papers in the development of content-based multimedia indexing techniques exploiting the specific nature of TEL-related material, from the perspective of any of the actors in the eLearning process (e.g., teacher, learner, assessor).
Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Support for audio/visual lecture summarization, segmentation and chaptering;
- Multimodal (slides, notes, lectures, etc) course material alignment;
- Support for self- or peer-assessment in the TEL process;
- Multimedia plagiarism detection;
- Personalization for content-based TEL-related material recommendation;
- Relevance feedback and support for quality control of TEL-related material;
- Visualization and browsing strategies for TEL-related material;
- Explore versus Exploit interfaces for TEL-related material presentation;
- Course material mining, search and indexing, and associated evaluation.
Authors are invited to submit full length 6 pages (to be presented as oral presentation). The submissions are peer reviewed in a single blind process. The language of the workshop is English.
For guidelines and submission procedure see Paper submission.
The CBMI proceedings are traditionally indexed and distributed by IEEE Xplore and ACM DL. In addition, authors of the best papers of the conference will be invited to submit extended versions of their contributions to a special issue of Multimedia Tools and Applications journal (MTAP).
- Paper submission deadline:
February 15March 7, 2016;
- Notification of acceptance:
March 31April 5, 2016;
- Camera-ready papers due:
April 14April 18, 2016.